BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Heineken eyes Schincariol brewer - report
Heineken is running its eye over Schincariol's books, according to a Bloomberg report today (9 May) that cites two unnamed sources familiar with the matter. The business cold fetch US$2bn, it is thought.
When contacted by just-drinks, a Heineken spokesperson declined to comment on the speculation.
Schincariol is Brazil's second biggest brewer by volume, although sits a long way behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's AmBev business, which accounts for around 70% of all beers sold in the country.
Still, rising disposable incomes in Brazil have made it a promising beer market and Heineken has been keen to establish a firm footing in the country as part of a wider foray into Latin America, following its acquisition of Mexico-based FEMSA Cerveza last year.
The US economy is going in the wrong direction just as MillerCoors is scraping the bottom of its synergies barrel....
They've been arguing for more than 100 years, but are we in danger of reaching some sort of clarity on the Budweiser trademark dispute in Europe?...
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on speculation that it has held talks with China's Kingstar Beer Group, with a view to taking a minority stake in the company....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report