CENTRAL AMERICA: Heineken extends reach with $229m of acquisitions
The Dutch breweing giant Heineken is to take a stake in two Central American brewers as it tries to develop its business in the region. The total value of the move is approximately US$229m. Heineken will acquire a 25% stake in the Costa Rican brewery Florida Bebidas S.A. (FB), the main subsidiary of Costa Rican beer group Florida Ice and Farm Company (FIFCO).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m