SERBIA/KAZAKHSTAN: Heineken, Efes to de-merge operations
Heineken is set to up its exposure in Serbia
Heineken and Efes have agreed to unwind their four year-old partnerships in Kazakhstan and Serbia following a “strategic review”.
The Dutch brewer will sell its 28% stake in Efes Kazakhstan to Efes Breweries International (EBI), a subsidiary of Anadolu Efes, it was announced late last month. Conversely, in Serbia, Heineken will take full control of Central Europe Beverages – a JV with EBI – by acquiring the Turkish brewer's 28% stake.
Central Europe Beverages was established by the two groups in August 2008.
The transactions, which are expected to complete by May, will result in EBI paying Heineken a total of US$161m.
Heineken said in a statement: "Following a strategic review the decision has been taken to unwind the partnerships."
In Serbia, Heineken’s brand portfolio includes Heineken, Amstel and local brands PilsPlus, Zajecarsko, MB Pils and Master. In Kazakhstan, the brewer said the beer market offers “attractive growth opportunities” and it will continue to export its flagship brand to the country.
How can the wine industry shake-off its navel-gazing, elitist image? Embrace the unusual and the revolutionary, argues Chris Losh ...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India