Heineken edges towards United Breweries majority
Heineken now owns 42.22% of United Breweries
Late last week, Heineken purchased 425,000 shares on the open market, costing in the region of INR394.8m (US$5.9m). With this purchase, the company's holding now stands at 42.22% from the 42.07% it held previously.
In July, Heineken bought out United Spirits' stake in UB for $137.2m. Two months later, the company secured EUR500m ($559.5m) from the placement of a set of notes, only a week after local reports linked it to a move for majority control of United Breweries.
In its annual report, released in September, United Breweries said its market share in the 12 months to the end of March this year hit 52.5%, from 51.3% in the corresponding period a year earlier.
Heineken Group is a global alcoholic drinks player present in more than 70 countries around the world....
Heineken Slovensko, part of the Heineken NV group, was one of the largest producers of beer and cider in Slovakia in 2015....
Heineken México is the second largest beer company in Mexico, after Grupo Modelo....
Heineken Hungária aims to strengthen its position as the leading producer of premium lager in Hungary and supply the local market with both high quality beer and cider products....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research