SOUTH AFRICA: Heineken, Diageo, NBL JV finalised
Heineken, Diageo and Namibia Breweries have finalised their joint venture in South Africa. The three companies announced today that Simon Litherland, managing director of GuinnessUDV in South Africa, has been appointed managing director of the as yet unnamed new joint venture.
The agreement, which was approved by the country's competition authorities last month, will set up a new marketing, distribution and sales division for the three companies.
The move signals a battle for market share in South Africa, where SABMiller dominates, with a 98% stranglehold. Diageo and Heineken took an effective 28.9% stake in Namibia Breweries last year.
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research