GLOBAL: Heineken cuts media agency count
Heineken to work with only one media agency
Heineken has said that it will seek efficiency savings in its marketing by using just one agency for media buying and planning globally.
In the majority of the brewer's main markets, it works with either Publicis' Starcom MediaVest and WPP's MindShare. Only one of these two will be chosen to continue working with Heineken's portfolio of beer brands, the group said today (30 November).
"We have the opportunity to leverage the benefits of our global scale to achieve efficiencies and quality improvements in our media buying," said Heineken's chief commercial officer, Alexis Nasard. The chosen agency, set to be in place by mid-2012, will initially work in Heineken's top 15 markets, including UK, Russia, Brazil, Mexico and Nigeria.
Those 15 markets represent 85% of Heineken's annual media spend. The move to streamline media planning and buying follows other efforts by Heineken to "leverage its global scale", such as the decision to appoint one advertising agency to handle the Heineken brand worldwide.
Last year, Heineken launched a Global Business Services division to focus on controlling costs more tightly.
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. Part two sees Ben ...
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. The final part loo...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
Earlier this week, Harris Interactive released its annual study of brand health for beverages in the US....
Heineken is set to launch a new advertising push for its Strongbow cider brand in the UK....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends