UK: Heineken coverage raised on US growth potential
Two brokers have reviewed their coverage of Heineken.
The brewer has seen both Rabo Securities and Theodoor Gilissen lift their ratings to 'buy' from 'hold' today (21 May). The two companies made the moves following Heineken's analyst conference in the US last week.
Rabo Securities said that Heineken "continues to surprise positively" in the first half of this year. "Heineken is maintaining the regained momentum in volume growth, Rabo said in a note to clients. "The presentations on the US underlined that for Heineken the mature US market should be regarded as a growth market."
While shifting its rating on the brewer to 'buy' from 'hold', Theodoor Gilissen also upgraded its price target to EUR47 from EUR42. The broker suggested that Heineken Premium Light "is in the sweet spot (in the US) as it is both international premium and light (and) there is room to grow".
Earlier this month, Heineken posted volume growth of 11.3% for the first four months of this year. While Asia Pacific led the field, delivering 26.5% (2.5m hectolitres) volume growth, Africa came in second at 17.1% (4.6m), ahead of Central and Eastern Europe with 13.7% (13.9m). In the more mature markets of the Americas and Western Europe, growth was slower, at 5.7% (4.3m) and 4.6% (9.4m) respectively.
Scottish & Newcastle has launched a scathing, albeit brief, attack on Carlsberg and Heineken, as the European brewers attempt to acquire the UK-based company....
Asia Pacific Breweries has posted a strong set of full-year figures....
Carlsberg and Heineken have appealed directly to Scottish & Newcastle's shareholders after the rejection of their latest bid for the UK-based brewer....
Heineken and Carlsberg have today (15 November) made an increased proposal to the board of Scottish & Newcastle for a takeover of the UK brewer....
Scottish & Newcastle has rejected what it has called the latest "highly conditional proposal" from Carlsberg and Heineken to acquire the UK-based brewer....
UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has declined to comment on speculation in a UK Sunday newspaper that it would be seeking to use an ongoing antitrust investigation into Heineken's activities in Gr...
The chief executive of Danish brewing force Carlsberg has said he is prepared to be patient in the company's joint bid for control of UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) with Heineken....
The Singaporean-based conglomerate Fraser & Neave (F&N) has denied reports that it is has halted its search for a new CEO while it considers the possibility of splitting itself into separate companies...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015