NETH/UK: Heineken COO to join UK supermarket
Heineken chief operating officer Marc Bolland is to take the helm at UK multiple retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets, taking up the post on 1 September.
The Dutch brewer confirmed that Bolland, also on its executive board, would leave his position on 1 July after 20 years with the company. Under plans to streamline Heineken's management structure, he will not be replaced and all five regional presidents will report direct to chairman and CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer.
Van Boxmeer paid tribute to Bolland's "significant contribution" to Heineken's growth, adding: "Over the last year in particular, Marc has established the direction and management priorities for the regional structure, which will support our future growth."
Bolland said he was looking forward to the challenge of becoming CEO at Morrisons, which has seen its business nosedive since it took over the Safeway supermarket chain. "Heineken has been a great part of my life for 20 years, but this is what I see as the right move at this point in my career," he added.
The judge in Heineken's court case with its partners in Singapore has dismissed the Netherlands-based brewer's summons....
Orangina Schweppes has appointed Hughes Pietrini as marketing director....
Brau Holding International is targeting a 15% increase in earnings before interest and tax this year....
Carlsberg is keen to up its presence in the east of China, but has stopped short of naming targets....
Heineken is seeking "legal clarification" as to which company can appoint the regional managing director of its Chinese venture....
Trans-Tasman beer and wine group Lion Nathan has reported a 12% rise in full-year net profit to A$226.8m (US$173.3m) - but warned rising costs would hit profits for the current fiscal year....
Asia Pacific Breweries has seen annual pre-tax profits rise 16% thanks to continued growth in Indochina....
Kingway has secured a loan to help expand its business, but remains shy of its reported borrowing target....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends