CHINA: Heineken considering Chinese move - reports
The fast growing but high risk Chinese beer market may be the latest target for Dutch beer giant Heineken, as it considers acquiring domestic breweries in the northern part of the country, the Chinese media said yesterday. Although Heineken officials in China declined to comment, The Shanghai Daily newspaper quoted a marketing official of Shanghai Asia Pacific Brewery, in which Heineken owns a stake, as saying the Dutch brewer was in talks with several potential targets. No specific names were mentioned.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"