CHINA: Heineken considering Chinese move - reports
The fast growing but high risk Chinese beer market may be the latest target for Dutch beer giant Heineken, as it considers acquiring domestic breweries in the northern part of the country, the Chinese media said yesterday. Although Heineken officials in China declined to comment, The Shanghai Daily newspaper quoted a marketing official of Shanghai Asia Pacific Brewery, in which Heineken owns a stake, as saying the Dutch brewer was in talks with several potential targets. No specific names were mentioned.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research