EYGPT: Heineken completes purchase of ABC for $280m
Heineken, the Dutch brewing giant, has been successful in its bid to acquire the Egyptian Al Ahram Beverages Company. Heineken made a public bid on 13 September for all shares of the Egyptian Al Ahram Beverages Company. The offering period ended today. In total 20,035,480 shares, or 97.8% of the company, have been offered to Heineken for US$14 per share. The total acquisition price was therefore US$280m. The transaction will be executed on 29 September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks