EYGPT: Heineken completes purchase of ABC for $280m
Heineken, the Dutch brewing giant, has been successful in its bid to acquire the Egyptian Al Ahram Beverages Company. Heineken made a public bid on 13 September for all shares of the Egyptian Al Ahram Beverages Company. The offering period ended today. In total 20,035,480 shares, or 97.8% of the company, have been offered to Heineken for US$14 per share. The total acquisition price was therefore US$280m. The transaction will be executed on 29 September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director