NETHERLANDS: Heineken cheers investment grade ratings
Heineken publishes "stable" investment grade ratings
Heineken has said that it has secured solid investment grade credit ratings, underpinning its access to finance.
Heineken said today (7 March) that both Moody's and Standard & Poor's have handed the brewer "long-term" investment grade ratings. The ratings, which are Baa1 and BBB+ respectively, have a "stable" outlook, the Netherlands-based group said.
The news represents the first public credit ratings in the brewer's history, serving as a boost to Heineken's financial credentials, following two significant acquisitions in FEMSA Cerveza and Scottish & Newcastle in the past four years. The ratings may also allay any concern about Heineken's vulnerability to the eurozone debt crisis. The brewer has been moving cash out of the eurozone area in recent months.
Heineken said that the ratings reflect its "excellent geographic spread of profits and cash flows, its leading positions in beer markets across the world and its well-balanced growth strategy". Group CFO, René Hooft Graafland, added: "The award of these credit ratings underlines our commitment to transparency and diversification of our funding sources."
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US