NETHERLANDS: Heineken changes global digital manager
Heineken has appointed a new global digital manager
Heineken has appointed one of its US brand managers to oversee the company's digital strategy around the world, the Dutch brewer said yesterday (28 June).
Paul Smailes will move to Amsterdam to take over as global digital manager from Floris Cobelens, who will become marketing manager for Heineken Italy, a Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks. Smailes, who starts his new role on 1 August, spent six years with Heineken USA.
For the past three years he has been responsible for marketing Dos Equis and Sol brands. Before joining Heineken he worked for Saatchi & Saatchi for eight years.
Cobelens was global digital manager for three years, the spokesperson said.
Nipa Parekh replaces Smailes in Heineken's US office. Parekh starts on 9 July and was previously a global marketing director at Kraft Foods.
Meanwhile, Heineken's chief control & accounting officer Floris van Woerkom will leave the company to pursue other opportunities, the company also announced.
Van Woerkom will remain in his post until the end of the year or until a replacement is found, the company said yesterday.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range