US: Heineken CEO joins Kraft Foods' board
The head of Heineken has been appointed to the board of Kraft Foods.
The US-based firm, which owns brands including Kraft cheese, Maxwell House coffee and Toblerone chocolate, said yesterday (17 December) that Jean-Francois van Boxmeer will join its board at the beginning of next year.
Van Boxmeer will be joined by another new recruit, Mackey McDonald, a senior advisor at Crestview Partners.
With these additions, Kraft Foods' board will have 12 directors, 11 of whom are independent.
"Jean-Francois and Mackey will be terrific additions to our board as we continue to build on our position as a global powerhouse in snacks, confectionery and quick meals," said Irene Rosenfeld, Kraft's chairman and CEO.
"Jean-Francois is known as a builder of iconic, global brands with a strong track record for driving revenue growth and leading acquisitions and integrations."
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts