Heineken carves out MD role for Star Pubs & Bars unit
Heineken's Star Pubs and Bars unit will now have direct representation on the UK management team
Heineken has appointed a managing director for its UK Star Pubs & Bars unit as it increases focus on its managed bars portfolio.
Lawson Mountstevens, currently MD for Heineken's on-trade, will take on the the newly-created role from 1 February, Heineken said yesterday. At the same time, Chris Jowsey, currently trading director for Star Pubs and Bars, will become director for on-trade, another newly-created role.
Mountstevens and Jowsey's current roles will be absorbed into the new structure.
Heineken said: "Reflecting the growing importance, investment and growth potential in Star Pubs & Bars, Heineken's pub business will now be directly represented on the UK management team."
Heineken owns about 1,100 UK pubs under its Star Pubs & Bars unit. In September, the company boosted its UK on-trade presence through the purchase of 13 pubs from Greene King.
Heineken Group is a global alcoholic drinks player present in more than 70 countries around the world....
Heineken Slovensko, part of the Heineken NV group, was one of the largest producers of beer and cider in Slovakia in 2015....
Heineken México is the second largest beer company in Mexico, after Grupo Modelo....
Heineken Hungária aims to strengthen its position as the leading producer of premium lager in Hungary and supply the local market with both high quality beer and cider products....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends