RUSSIA: Heineken calm on worker unrest
Heineken says there is no strike at its St Petersburg brewery
Heineken has said that beer production is continuing at its brewery in St Petersburg, amid reports of a strike at the plant.
A number of staff at the brewery have laid down their tools for 24 hours, as of yesterday evening (14 December), according to a trade union linked to Heineken but representing the workers. Demonstration leader Vitaliy Morozov said that the dispute concerns workings hours for shift workers and has been lingering for more than a year.
When contacted by just-drinks, a Heineken spokesperson confirmed that some staff have stopped work at the brewery, but denied that this constitutes a strike. “The work of the brewery has not been halted, the production process has not been disturbed and goes on as scheduled.”
The Netherlands-based brewer said the action is “primarily aimed at generating attention for the position of two trade union leaders.” The beer brewer denied allegations that it is violating the Labour Code of the Russian Federation and said it is open for the dialogue.
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. Part two sees Ben ...
This month, Pete Brown, fervent Twitterer, looks at the social media site and considers how the brewing world is talking to its consumers. If they're talking at all....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
Kirin Holdings has made an informal approach to Brazil's third largest brewer Petropolis with a view to acquiring it, according to local reports. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts