UK: Heineken, Britvic deliveries under threat from strike action - Unite
The union said earlier today (5 September) that it has given notice of planned action to the company for a strike starting next Wednesday (11 September). A continuous ban on overtime and a work-to-rule will also be put in place.
The dispute centres around K&N's proposed changes to its UK distribution network, which Unite says could lead to “significant job losses” across the company's 29 UK depots.
Brands potentially affected by the strike are Foster's, Heineken, Kronenbourg, John's Smith's, Strongbrow and Britvic's soft drinks brands, Unite said. Around 30,000 UK on-trade venues could be affected by the strike, the union claims.
Rhys McCarthy, Unite's national officer said: "We have tried to negotiate with the company but it has stubbornly refused to solve this dispute.”
In a statement to just-drinks today, K&N said it has “engaged in lengthy consultation with Unite regarding the proposed changes”. It added: “We are ... extremely disappointed that the notice of industrial action has been issued prior to further discussions taking place.”
The company said it has contingency plans in place to “minimise disruption” if the strike goes ahead.
But, the statement added: “We remain committed to resolving this dispute prior to any action being taken and will be seeking to meet again with Unite in an effort to achieve this.”
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research