US: Heineken brings Premium Light to US off-trade draught market
Heineken has prepared an addition to its off-trade draught beer system in the US. The brewer confirmed today (13 August) that Heineken Premium Light Draughtkeg will be available across the country from this month.
The variant joins Heineken's flagship namesake brand, which was launched in Draughtkeg form in April 2005, in the US market.
The new product will be backed by television, out-of-home and print advertising, which breaks from today. The television advert will be Premium Light-specific and will be supported by an increase in print and out-of-home advertising in key markets.
The Draughtkeg system consists of a disposable, 100% recyclable, steel keg, and utilises an internal carbonator that releases carbon dioxide each time the tap is opened. Available in the US off-trade and selected on-trade locations, a keg retails at around US$19.99.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a marked leap in net profit for 2007....
United Breweries has suggested a close relationship with Heineken, after the Dutch brewer lined up the takeover of Scottish & Newcastle last week....
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chap...
Chongqing Brewery, in which Scottish & Newcastle holds a stake, plans to monitor developments in Heineken and Carlsberg's pending takeover of S&N, according to reports....
Heineken has established a joint venture with Efes Breweries International to invest in the Uzbeki beer market by acquiring breweries....
Pernod Ricard's Jameson Irish whiskey brand is teaming up with Heineken's lager and Heineken Light brands for the third consecutive year to co-promote its drinks in the US for St. Patrick's Day....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report