CZECH REPUBLIC: Heineken brewers to merge
Krusovice and Starobrno, two of the three Heineken-owned brewers in Czech Republic, are to merge on 1 June.
Both will continue to sell their products under existing brands, a Heineken spokesperson for the country told just-drinks today (25 March). Krusovice is already the sole shareholder in Starobrno.
Heineken's other brewer in Czech Republic, Drinks Union, will remain separate for now, the spokesperson said.
Heineken produced 2.8m hectolitres of beer in Czech Republic in 2008 and has a market share of 12%.
Heineken is to cut around 5% of its workforce in Romania by ceasing all malt production in the country, as part of the brewer's global cost savings strategy....
A ban on alcoholic drinks promotion on the internet in France remains in force, because a new law to legalise adverts and drinks websites has not been signed off....
Heineken is to cut jobs in Russia by closing brewing operations at the Stepan Razin Brewery, the oldest brewery in the country, in order to reduce costs....
SABMiller is to expand further in Africa by building a brewery in Namibia and buying the non-alcoholic Maheu drinks business of Trade Kings Ltd in Zambia....
Heineken has succeeded in halting the distribution of a beer called Keineken in Switzerland....
Cider firms in the UK may look to lower the alcohol content of their products, following in the footsteps of a new wave of lower alcohol beers, the new head of the country's cider trade body believes....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Heineken-owned Scottish & Newcastle UK is axing Bulmers Pear on draught to concentrate on the bottled version....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends