RUSSIA: Heineken breaks off distribution agreement
The Dutch brewer Heineken has successfully ended contract with the Russian distributor First Federation, despite a suit from the Russian claiming Heineken reneged on a deal giving First Federation exclusive rights to import Heineken beer. A Bloomberg report said a Dutch court laid aside a US$60m suit from First Federation, after Heineken argued that the agreement with First Federation could be annulled in the event that the company began making beer in Russia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil