UK: Heineken braces for massive volume falls
The Dutch brewer Heineken could see its volumes fall by half in the UK market with a corresponding profit fall of €20m (US$21.4m) this year, as its licensing agreement with Interbrew ends in the country, its CEO has said. Heineken plans to replace its current UK arrangement, which sees Interbrew distribute Heineken Cold Filtered at 3.4% abv, when the contract expires this year. Instead it will export the full strength Heineken brand (at % abv) it sells worldwide into the UK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research