NETHERLANDS: Heineken boosts United Breweries holding
Heineken bought a 1.3% stake in December
The Dutch brewer said today it bought 250,000 shares, equal to 0.09% of the Vijay Mallya-owned UB. The deal boosts Heineken's total stock to 38.85%.
A Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks that the shares were offered by the Mumbai-based Yes Bank.
“As a long-term partner in UB it made sense for us to buy them,” the spokesperson said. “As the majority shareholder in UBL it should not be a surprise to anyone that Yes Bank approached us.”
The spokesperson added that Heineken continues to believe in the Indian beer market and UB's long-term future.
Heineken overtook Mallya as the largest shareholder in UB in December after it purchased an additional 1.3% stake.
Canadean's "United Breweries Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile cont...
Africa is the final frontier for beer, according to Euromonitor International's latest global briefing 'Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer'....
Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Heineken's "solid progress" during the first quarter - to quote the words of CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer - could be checked temporarily over the next three months....
Canadean's "Heineken UK Limited: Foodservice - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review