NETHERLANDS: Heineken, Bavaria hit by Port of Rotterdam congestion
Heineken said it is experiencing 'minor challenges' from the situation at the Port of Rotterdam
The bottlenecks are mainly due to one of the site's main handling terminals undergoing an upgrade, which began around two months ago. A Heineken spokesperson told just-drinks today: "We're experiencing some minor challenges, but are working with our logistics partners to find alternative options and solutions such as making additional use of the Port of Antwerp."
The spokesperson declined to elaborate on the length of the delays and the volume of shipments that are being held up, or which markets are affected, but added: "The beer we export through Rotterdam and Antwerp is destined for international export markets."
Bavaria revealed that its delays at the port concern deep-sea containers to be shipped to markets outside of Europe.
"The delays are mainly three to four days, but with planning in advance from our side we try to decrease them as much as possible," a spokesperson said, adding that until now the impact had been "minimal".
Heineken N.V. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken USA Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research