UK: Heineken backs Strongbow Pear in TV push
The ad features Strongbow's trademark arrow
Heineken has launched a new TV advertising campaign in support of its latest cider brand in the UK.
The 30-second spot for Strongbow Pear will appear on screens nationwide from next Friday, Heineken said today (17 August). The ad will run for 12 weeks.
Heineken launched Strongbow Pear last month. The 4.8% abv cider is available on draught in the UK on-trade, and in 33cl bottles and 44cl cans in the off-trade.
“The launch advertisement will drive awareness of Strongbow Pear among our target audience of more than 4.7m 18- to 34-year-old men, who will see the ad in this initial burst,” said Heineken on-trade MD Lawson Mounstevens.
The ad shows a man shooting Strongbow's trademark arrow at a pear in the desert.
Heineken has a "low appetite" for China's mainstream beer sector and will continue to concentrate on the premium end of the market, the head of the Dutch brewer has said....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages