UK: Heineken backs Strongbow Pear in TV push
The ad features Strongbow's trademark arrow
Heineken has launched a new TV advertising campaign in support of its latest cider brand in the UK.
The 30-second spot for Strongbow Pear will appear on screens nationwide from next Friday, Heineken said today (17 August). The ad will run for 12 weeks.
Heineken launched Strongbow Pear last month. The 4.8% abv cider is available on draught in the UK on-trade, and in 33cl bottles and 44cl cans in the off-trade.
“The launch advertisement will drive awareness of Strongbow Pear among our target audience of more than 4.7m 18- to 34-year-old men, who will see the ad in this initial burst,” said Heineken on-trade MD Lawson Mounstevens.
The ad shows a man shooting Strongbow's trademark arrow at a pear in the desert.
Heineken has a "low appetite" for China's mainstream beer sector and will continue to concentrate on the premium end of the market, the head of the Dutch brewer has said....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends