SINGAPORE: Heineken Asia Pacific FD moves to head up markets
Kenneth Choo assumes the additional responsibilities at Heineken on 1 June
The finance director at Heineken's Asia Pacific unit has moved to head up several of the brewer's Asian markets following the departure of its regional director for Singapore, Indochina and Exports.
Kenneth Choo, who was Heineken Asia Pacific's director of regional finance and business development became FD of the division in January. Today (19 May), he was appointed regional director for Singapore, Indochina, Taiwan, Japan and Exports.
A recruitment process has begun for the role of senior director of regional finance at Heineken Asia Pacific.
Choo replaces Bennett Neo, who left the company at the end of last year, a spokesperson for Heineken told just-drinks. He takes on the new responsibilities on 1 June.
Heineken has been shuffling its executive deck in Asia Pacific since it took full control of the Asia Pacific Breweries JV in late-2012.
UPDATE: This story was updated on 20 May. Previously, we had stated that Choo would continue in the position of finance director.
HEINEKEN Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd today announced the appointment of Mr Kenneth Choo, currently its Senior Director of Regional Finance, as Regional Director (Singapore, Indochina, Taiwan, Japan and Exports) with effect from 1 June 2014. In this role, he will be responsible for managing the overall growth and performance of these markets.
Mr Choo, a Singaporean, has held several senior leadership positions in Finance and Business Development for Heineken N.V. (“HEINEKEN”) in Singapore for over 10 years, from the time he first joined the company as Business Development Manager in 2003. During this period, he successfully led several M&A deals and was responsible for strategic development, license and partnership management. He was also a board member of both listed and privately held companies in the Asia Pacific Breweries Limited (“APB”) Group.
He holds a stellar track record at HEINEKEN, having played a key leadership role during HEINEKEN’s acquisition of APB in 2012 and following that, its successful integration into the HEINEKEN Company.
Before joining HEINEKEN, he was the Regional Business Development Director of global retailer Royal Ahold NV.
Commenting on the appointment, Mr Roland Pirmez, President of HEINEKEN Asia Pacific said: “At HEINEKEN, we greatly appreciate good talent. Kenneth is tremendously qualified and I am delighted that he is taking on this key role. I believe that his excellent local and regional business expertise and experience will help to strengthen our growth and performance in the Singapore, IndoChina, Taiwan, Japan and Export markets.”
Mr Choo is a highly regarded member of the local and regional industry and business community, holding directorships in several companies in Asia Pacific while, most significantly, serving as chairman of Cambodia Brewery Limited. He also serves on the boards of local charities such as the National Kidney Foundation and the Asia Pacific Breweries Foundation.
- 2014 – Present HEINEKEN Asia Pacific
- 2013 – 2014 HEINEKEN Asia Pacific/Asia Pacific Breweries, Senior Director, Regional Finance
- 2003- 2012: HEINEKEN Asia Pacific, Director, Regional Finance & Business Development (Regional HQ Singapore)
- 1997 –2003 Royal Ahold N.V., Senior Vice President, Business Development (Thailand), Regional Director, Business Development / M&A (Singapore)
- 1995 - 1997 Sembawang Leisure Pte Ltd (Subsidiary of Sembawang Corporation Ltd), Asst. Manager, Business Development
- 1993 –1995 Malaya Engraving and Litho Printing Pte Ltd, Business Development Manager
- 1992 –1993 Price Waterhouse, Senior Assistant, Regional Director (Singapore, IndoChina, Taiwan, Japan, Exports)
Original source: Company Release
Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
In the UK, the Royal Society of Public Health has called for nutritional labels - including calories - to be placed on alcoholic drinks, in order to curb the country's growing obesity epidemic....
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken USA Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
Heineken México is the second largest beer company in Mexico. The largest traditional beer company in Mexico, as it positions itself, previously named Cervecería Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma, has now, with it...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future