MEXICO: Heineken appoints MD for FEMSA Cerveza unit
Busain, who will take up the post on 1 December, will replace Michiel Herkemij, who will leave Heineken to become CEO of Sara Lee's coffee business, a spokesperson for Heineken confirmed to just-drinks today (17 October).
Most recently, Busain was MD for Heineken in France, a post that he has held for the past 12 months. Prior to that, Busain worked for Heineken in Egypt, Burundi and the Netherlands. His successor in France will be announced soon, the brewer said.
Busain's main task will be to ensure that Heineken achieves its expected gains from the FEMSA Cerveza business, which it agreed to acquire in 2010 in order to increase the group's exposure to emerging beer markets.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban