EUROPE: Heineken appoints Eastern Europe head
Heineken switches presidents in Eastern Europe
Heineken has become the latest multinational brewer to announce an executive change in Eastern Europe, with Jan Derck van Karnebeek to replace Nico Nusmeier as president of its Central & Eastern Europe business.
Nusmeier has decided to leave Heineken and will be replaced by Derck van Karnebeek on 1 January, Heineken said today (29 November). Derck van Karnebeek is currently MD for Heineken in Romania.
In his new role, he will be based in Vienna and will report to the Netherlands-based brewer's CEO and chairman, Jean-François van Boxmeer. "Throughout his career, Jan Derck has consistently demonstrated the ability to lead teams and generate growth," said van Boxmeer.
Of Nusmeier, he said: "Nico leaves with our thanks for his contribution to the success of our company." He said: "Under his leadership... Central and Eastern Europe has grown considerably through organic growth, M&A and innovations, transforming the region into an important platform for future growth."
It was not immediately clear where 50-year-old Nusmeier is moving to. A spokesperson for Heineken told just-drinks that Nusmeier "has not communicated his next move". As a member of Heineken's executive committee already, the spokesperson added, his options to move upwards within the brewer were limited, "so he decided to leave".
The change at Heineken follows Carlsberg's announcement that Isaac Sheps will become its new SVP for Eastern Europe. Anheuser-Busch InBev, meanwhile, has appointed Stuart MacFarlane to be its new president for Central & Eastern Europe.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report