SINGAPORE: Heineken-APB gets full Shanghai ownership
Heineken-APB (China) has bought up the remaining shares in Shanghai Asia Pacific Brewery that it does not already own.
The company, which is jointly-owned by Heineken and Fraser & Neave, said today (11 March) that it has acquired the outstanding 3% of shares in the brewer, for a cash consideration of around CNY17m (US$2.4m).
"The acquisition is not expected to have a material impact on the net tangible assets per share or earnings per share of the group for the current financial year," said Heineken-APB.
Late last year, APB posted a 17% lift in operating profit for the year to the end of September. Operating profit came in at SGD269.5m (US$185.5m), on the back of a 17% climb in sales, at SGD1.8bn.
Tiger Beer UK has signed a deal with Tequila-flavoured lager Desperados to be the new distributor of the lager in the UK....
Dutch brewer Heineken has appointed a new head for its Americas division....
Efes Breweries International has said net profit halved in the first six months of this year, despite strong revenue gains in the key Russian beer market....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Heineken has completed a joint-venture deal with Efes Breweries International to supply the growing Serbian beer market....
Heineken has said it expects a mid-single digit profit rise for 2008, following strong revenue growth and a series of cost savings measures in its first half....
Beer brand Amstel Light is planning to get interactive with consumers in the US by offering them rebates and recipe ideas for Thanksgiving celebrations....
Carlsberg has announced another change of leadership at its recently-acquired Brasseries Kronenbourg operations in France....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets