UK: Heineken announces new UK head
Heineken has appointed a replacement managing director for its UK business.
The company, which announced last month that Jeremy Blood had left the MD post at Scottish & Newcastle UK, confirmed today (12 June) that Stefan Orlowski, its current group commerce director, will assume the position from 1 July.
Orlowski will report to Didier Debrosse, Heineken's regional president for Western Europe, and will join the Western Europe management team.
"I am delighted that Stefan has accepted this critical leadership role in one of our highest priority markets," said Jean-François van Boxmeer, Heineken's CEO. "He has the right attributes and experience to address the considerable challenges of the UK market. He has worked directly with the UK management team on their commercial strategy and has an outstanding track record in both general and commercial management."
Orlowski added: "The chance now to work alongside a strong and talented UK management team to lead one of Heineken's most important markets is a compelling personal and professional opportunity. I am looking forward to getting started."
A replacement group commerce director will be announced in due course, the company added.
Dutch brewer Heineken raised its full-year forecast for operating profits on Wednesday (28 October), giving an indication that the embattled beer market is starting to stabilise. Michelle Russell look...
Asia Pacific Breweries has announced a change of regional director for its China operations....
SABMiller is to close its Pivovary Topvar brewery in Slovakia due to falling demand for beer....
Heineken UK (formerly Scottish & Newcastle UK) said it is hoping to cut carbon emissions by 30,000 tonnes per annum with the opening of two biomass plans....
Heineken has announced the appointment of a new group commerce director....
Scottish & Newcastle UK, the division of Heineken, is seeking an advertising agency to relaunch its Strongbow Gold cider in international markets....
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), the joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, has appointed Samson Wong as general manager of its Shanghai Asia Pacific Brewery....
Asia Pacific Breweries, the joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, has reported a solid rise in full-year profits and higher beer sales....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research