NETHERLANDS: Heineken AGM approves S&N acquisition
The company said today (17 April) that "the AGM approved the acquisition" of the "entire issued and to be issued share capital of S&N and the subsequent 100% shareholding".
The AGM also approved the dividend proposal for last year of EUR0.70 per share.
"Since an interim dividend of EUR0.24 was paid on 20 September, the final dividend will be EUR0.46 per share," confirmed the brewer.
The final dividend will be made payable on 25 April, while Heineken shares will be quoted ex-dividend on 21 April.
Heineken has appointed Mary Minnick as member of the supervisory board for a period of four years up to and including the AGM in 2012.
KPMG Accountants has been re-appointed as the external auditor for a period of four years (financial statements 2008-2011), the AGM added.
Heineken and Efes Breweries International have confirmed further details of their joint-venture in Serbia, and the closure of one of their breweries in the country....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Carlsberg has said it is cutting back on short-term investment because of financial market instability....
Foster's Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Shawn Schiffer as vice president of National Retail Accounts....
A poor financial climate means Australian drinks group Foster's might be forced to wait to unload its troubled wine division....
Chile's largest brewer, Compañía Cervecerías Unidas (CCU), has said that volumes have increased by 12% in the first nine months of its financial year....
Heineken has received unconditional approval from the Irish Competition Authority for its acquisition of Beamish & Crawford....
Carlsberg has warned that its third quarter beer volumes are likely to be down in Russia, reflecting a market slowdown in 2008....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends