THE NETHERLANDS: Heineken advances on three fronts
The Dutch brewing group, Heineken, has continued its recent acquisition spree with the purchase of a 50% stake in the Irsa, the company which controls the Chilean brewer, CCU. Heinken also announced that it had sold its 15% holding in the Argentinean brewer, Quilmes, and had acquired a 68.8% controlling stake in Karlovacka Pivovara, the second largest brewer in Croatia, from Southern Breweries Establishment, which is 50%-owned by CCU. The Croatian deal remains subject to regulatory approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD