THE NETHERLANDS: Heineken advances on three fronts
The Dutch brewing group, Heineken, has continued its recent acquisition spree with the purchase of a 50% stake in the Irsa, the company which controls the Chilean brewer, CCU. Heinken also announced that it had sold its 15% holding in the Argentinean brewer, Quilmes, and had acquired a 68.8% controlling stake in Karlovacka Pivovara, the second largest brewer in Croatia, from Southern Breweries Establishment, which is 50%-owned by CCU. The Croatian deal remains subject to regulatory approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Molson Coors appoints Europe CEO