THE NETHERLANDS: Heineken advances on three fronts
The Dutch brewing group, Heineken, has continued its recent acquisition spree with the purchase of a 50% stake in the Irsa, the company which controls the Chilean brewer, CCU. Heinken also announced that it had sold its 15% holding in the Argentinean brewer, Quilmes, and had acquired a 68.8% controlling stake in Karlovacka Pivovara, the second largest brewer in Croatia, from Southern Breweries Establishment, which is 50%-owned by CCU. The Croatian deal remains subject to regulatory approval.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets