NETHERLANDS: Heineken Acquires a 50% Stake in Affligem Brouwerij
Heineken N.V., the leading international brewer, today announced that it acquired a 50 percent stake in Affligem Brouwerij BDS N.V. (formerly Brouwerij De Smedt N.V.), established in Opwijk, Belgium. The brewery mainly produces the abbey beer, Affligem. The Affligem Abbey, owner of the brand, has been brewing this beer since the eleventh century. Since 1980, Heineken has taken care of the marketing and distribution of this beer in the Netherlands and France. Heineken also has a license agreement with the abbey for the rest of the world. The license for Belgium and Luxembourg remains with the Affligem Brewery. For Heineken, this reinforces its portfolio of speciality beers, while the agreement offers better sales opportunities for the partners. The Affligem Brouwerij has a capacity of 70,000 hectolitres and has 30 employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends