AUSTRALIA: Heavy Southcorp trading hots up takeover talk
Three days of heavy trading in the stock of Australian wine giant Southcorp has fuelled speculation that it is the target of a takeover bid. In recent months, Southcorp has increased its buyback and acquisition plans in what analysts see as a move to stop itself becoming a takeover target. This, added to the fact that major internationals such as Allied Domecq and Diageo are keen to expand their wine portfolios, has made Southcorp the centre of acquisition talk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk