FRANCE: Heavy fall in Loire Valley wine exports H1
Exports of Loire Valley wines fell heavily in the first half of 2009, figures from trade association Inter-Loire show.
Global exports of the French region's wines fell 33% by volume to 187,847 hectolitres and by 25% in value to almost EUR80.48m (US$120.6m), compared to the first six months of 2008, Inter-Loire said today (11 November).
Although only representing around 10% of the total, sparkling wines provided some relief with increases of 4% in volume and 3% in value.
All of the major international destinations for Loire wines recorded heavy declines. Shipments to the UK slid 49% in volume and 39% in value.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research