US: Heaven Hills to produces Tabasco Tequila for McIlhenny
Heaven Hill Distilleries has secured a US licensing agreement with the owners of Tabasco brand Spicy Tequila.
The family-owned spirits company said yesterday (9 September) that it will produce and launch the Tequila in selected markets in the US for Louisiana-based McIlhenny Company starting this month.
"We are tremendously excited about the prospects of Tabasco brand Spicy Tequila and this licensing agreement with McIlhenny," said Heaven Hill president Max Shapira. "Like our company, McIlhenny is family-owned and independent, so this is a partnership built on commonalities and mutual benefits."
Tabasco brand Spicy Tequila will be available in 750ml bottles that features the Tabasco 'Diamond' logotype graphic on the face label, with red and gold foil flames rising behind to the edges of the rectangular border.
Offered at a suggested retail price of $21.99 for the 750ml bottle, Tabasco brand Spicy Tequila will be available in Dallas, Houston, Georgia, Indiana and North Carolina. The brand will be supported by a range of on- and off-trade point-of-sale material, including a branded website www.TABASCOtequila.com, all utilising the 'Heat Up the Night' tagline and graphics.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
A raft of recent reports looking at the US spirits market have suggested that, while times are tough in the country, they could be a whole lot worse. Chris Mercer takes a closer look at the numbers t...
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
The Patrón Spirits Company has said that duty-free sales of Patrón Tequila are showing double-digit growth this year, despite falling passenger traffic at many international airports....
A new dedicated sales force and new product development will drive long-term growth for Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according to Bruce Carbonari, CEO of the Beam parent firm Fortune Brands....
Fortune Brands chief executive Bruce Carbonari has said he remains confident that the group's spirits arm, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, can ride out recession, despite a tumble in sales and profit....
Constellation Brands is set to target "cleaning up" its portfolio going forward....
AV Brands has appointed a vice president for its western region in the US....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report