US: Heaven Hill unveils signature whisky series
Heaven Hill Distilleries has released of the first edition of its limited annual series of aged American whisky.
The company said last week that its Parker's Heritage Collection, which pays tribute to sixth generation master distiller Parker Beam, will see Beam earmarking selecting barrels.
Parker Beam said: "The barrels I have selected for this series represent some of the finest and most diverse whiskys I have produced in my 45 years as a Master Distiller. I think they will pique the interest of many of today's whisky aficionados."
The whisky, which will roll out across the US in September and October, will retail at US$80 for a 750ml bottle.
Heaven Hill president Max Shapira added: "Today's American whisky connoisseur is not only seeking out the finest small batch and single barrel bourbons, but is also excitedly seeking out other styles of straight whisky. Rye, including our Rittenhouse and Pikesville brands, has been the most obvious beneficiary of this cross-style interest, but we have also seen great results with our unique Bernheim Original wheat whisky, as well as renewed interest in our corn whiskeys such as the Bottled-In-Bond Mellow Corn label. We thought the concept of combining offerings of different American straight whiskies, all under the umbrella of Parker's Heritage Collection, was an idea whose time has come."
Marketing spirits as constituents in new or popular cocktails has been a feature of the spirits category for years. And the growing emphasis on attracting younger consumers has meant the cocktail has ...
Mey Içki has brought an ex-Pernod boss and drinks industry veteran to its board of directors to aid with both the company's strategic planning and long-term growth....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group has acquired a majority shareholding in Brugal Co, in a move that expands the Scotch whisky company's offering into the rum category....
The Glenrothes has launched its last vintage from the 1970s across the European and Asian marketplace....
Vodka continued its surge in the US market in 2007, and distilled spirit sales overall in the country grew for the eighth straight year, up 5.6% in value and 2.4% in volume, according to figures relea...
UB Group subsidiary United Spirits launched Dalmore and Jura single malt brands and the Whyte & Mackay range of blended Scotch whisky last Thursday (24 January) in New Delhi, with plans to introduce t...
Fortune Brands has posted a slide in full-year net income despite static sales....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends