US: Heaven Hill to distribute Água Luca cachaça in US
Heaven Hill Distilleries has signed up with Excelsior Imports to become the international distributor of its Brazilian Cachaça rum, Água Luca.
The deal, which positions Heaven Hill as the lead supplier of Brazilian Cachaça in the US, is targetting the rise in cocktail sales in the country, the company said yesterday (30 April).
Heaven Hill director of marketing Kate Latts said: "We strongly believe in the tremendous potential of cachaça. It is the emerging category in the US."
Cachaça, best known for the caipirinha cocktail which is a combination of sugar and lime, has been designed to capitalise on the popularity of the mojito.
The drink will be available in 750ml bottles at 40% abv.
Acquisitions have transformed CL Financial from the owner of one very famous but small-scale bitters brand into a player on the world spirits stage. Having recently shored up two contrasting acquisiti...
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
The Patrón Spirits Company has acquired the global distribution rights of the Ultimat vodka portfolio from Adamba Imports International....
Two former senior drinks executives have set up a new company in the US and bought a vodka brand. Mark Teasdale, formerly MD of William Grant and Sons North America, and Michael Cheek, who was previou...
Rum producers from French overseas departments (counties) have been given a 50% tax break on excise duty charged on sales within mainland France, stretching until December 2012....
Maxxium has added Cruzan Single Barrel Estate Rum to its portfolio and will distribute the brand across the UK market for the first time....
Apostrophe Brands' spiced rum Kilo Kai has had a new logo and packaging designed by San Fransisco firm Turner Duckworth....
Pernod Ricard is considering acquisitions to strengthen its position in the US....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report