Heaven Hill reduces age statements as Bourbon demand continues
Heaven Hill's Elijah Craig Small Batch is no longer a 12-year-old expression
Heaven Hill has reduced the age of its Elijah Craig Small Batch whiskey as demand impacts supply.
The distiller said that a surge in the demand for Bourbon, both domestically and internationally has affected stocks. The expression, which previously carried a 12-year-old age statement, will now be made using Bourbon aged between 8 and 12 years.
Heaven Hill has started shipping Elijah Craig Small Batch as an 8- to 12-year-old Bourbon and will remove the 12-year-old age statement from the back label.
"This will allow us to continue to make Elijah Craig Small Batch available and not have to limit its accessibility to consumers or have outages at the shelf," the distiller said.
The company confirmed that it intended to retain age-stated Bourbons within the Elijah Craig brand franchise.
"By making the age adjustment to Elijah Craig Small Batch, it will allow a marked increase in allocations of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof which will continue to carry a 12-year-old age statement and, over time, increase availability of Elijah Craig 18-Year-Old Single Barrel that was just re-released this past fall after a three-year hiatus," the company added.
A spokesperson told just-drinks that prices would not change.
Last month, the CEO of Brown-Forman warned that pirces for North American whiskey will start to rise if global demand leaches stocks.
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that comprises water and ethanol and contains 35%-40% alcohol by volume....
Alcoholic beverages are broadly categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts