US: Heaven Hill extends Burnett's brand
The US-based Heaven Hill Distilleries is to roll out two line extensions to its Burnett's brand.
The company has added Burnett's Lime and Burnett's Cranberry flavored vodkas to the existing range of Burnett's Gin, Burnett's Vodka.
"With the unprecedented consumer interest in flavored spirits in general, and vodka in particular, Burnett's is well-positioned to take advantage of the growth in both the domestic vodka category and flavored vodkas," said the company.
Available in 1.75 litre, 1.0 litre and 750 ml. sizes and bottled at 35% alcohol by volume (70 proof), Burnett's Lime and Cranberry flavors will be available on retail shelves by March 2004.
"The addition of the Lime and Cranberry flavors will not only continue to fuel the meteoric growth of the Burnett's flavor line, but will also further raise the profile of the standard Burnett's Vodka brand," said Reid Massie, brand manager for Burnett's at Heaven Hill.
"Our research has shown that the substantial growth of our other six flavors has in no way cannibalized our business on the original Burnett's Vodka. And we expect that sales of the new Lime and Cranberry varieties will create more incremental growth, as these products perfectly meet the needs of today's consumers for high quality cosmopolitans, martinis, breezes and gimlets."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer