US: Heaven Hill Distilleries buys Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
Domaine de Canton was previously owned by Florida-based Maurice Cooper et Cie
Heaven Hill Distilleries has acquired the Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur brand for an undisclosed sum.
The Kentucky-based spirits maker completed the purchase from Florida's Maurice Cooper on Monday (7 July), a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks. Heaven Hill has bought the brand outright and Maurice Cooper will no longer be part of it, the spokesperson added.
Domaine de Canton, described as "the world’s first premium ginger liqueur", is packaged in a bamboo-shaped bottle and primarily used as a cocktail ingredient.
Maurice Cooper senior VP Crystal Fanale told just drinks that the company will continue to grow its remaining brand, the strawberry-flavoured sour mash Sweet Revenge. “We will be launching a new artisanal product in early 2015,” Fanale added.
Ahead of this week's acquisition, Maurice Cooper had been ramping up Domaine de Canton's global footprint. In January it launched the liqueur in the UK.
Global Spirits Market: News and Events May 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the la...read more
Canadean's "Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains...
Heaven Hill Distilleries has launched a flavoured whiskey aimed at women....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during July 2014. Summary ...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review