US: Heaven Hill Distilleries buys Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
Domaine de Canton was previously owned by Florida-based Maurice Cooper et Cie
Heaven Hill Distilleries has acquired the Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur brand for an undisclosed sum.
The Kentucky-based spirits maker completed the purchase from Florida's Maurice Cooper on Monday (7 July), a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks. Heaven Hill has bought the brand outright and Maurice Cooper will no longer be part of it, the spokesperson added.
Domaine de Canton, described as "the world’s first premium ginger liqueur", is packaged in a bamboo-shaped bottle and primarily used as a cocktail ingredient.
Maurice Cooper senior VP Crystal Fanale told just drinks that the company will continue to grow its remaining brand, the strawberry-flavoured sour mash Sweet Revenge. “We will be launching a new artisanal product in early 2015,” Fanale added.
Ahead of this week's acquisition, Maurice Cooper had been ramping up Domaine de Canton's global footprint. In January it launched the liqueur in the UK.
Global Spirits Market: News and Events May 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the la...read more
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during July 2014. Summary ...
Heaven Hill Distilleries has launched a flavoured whiskey aimed at women....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the la...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India