US: Heaven Hill Distilleries acquires Admiral Nelson rum
Heaven Hill Distilleries acquires Admiral Nelson rum brand
Heaven Hill Distilleries has bought the global rights to the Admiral Nelson rum brand.
Heaven Hill said at the end of last week that it has agreed to acquire the rights on Admiral Nelson from Luxco. Financial details behind the deal were not disclosed.
Admiral Nelson spiced rum is the number two spiced rum brand in the US by volume, behind Diageo's Captain Morgan, said Heaven Hill, which is best known for its namesake Bourbon. In 2010, total Admiral Nelson rum sales were 675,000 nine-litre cases.
"Its five-year growth has outpaced both the overall spirits industry and the rum category specifically," said Heaven Hill's president, Max Shapira. "We believe our sales and distribution capabilities will further build on this success."
The deal is expected to complete by the end of July.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research