Heaven Hill Brands buys Deep Eddy Vodka
Deep Eddy Vodka comprises several flavours
Heaven Hill Brands has agreed to acquire Deep Eddy Vodka from Eliza Spring for an undisclosed sum.
The deal includes the Deep Eddy Vodka brand and its distillery.
Texas-based Deep Eddy, which launched in 2010, has several flavours in its portfolio including Sweet Tea, Ruby Red and Lemon, as well as Straight Vodka. The entire team at Deep Eddy will join Heaven Hill.
Max Shapira, president of Heaven Hill Brands, said: "This is a milestone day for Heaven Hill Brands as we add Deep Eddy Vodka to our dynamic and innovative family."
Eric Dopkins, who will continue as president of Deep Eddy Vodka, said: "The Deep Eddy team and their distributor partners will remain in place and continue to build on the exceptional momentum of the brand alongside Heaven Hill."
Earlier this month, Heaven Hill announced a tie-up between its Blackheart rum and the Playboy brand.
Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
This report forecasts that the global vodka category will return to growth, expecting sales to peak at just over 500m cases in 2016, before undergoing a "slight downward correction". In retail value t...read more
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that comprises water and ethanol and contains 35%-40% alcohol by volume....
Heaven Hill has launched a bottled-in-bond brandy from California....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery