UK: Heaven Hill appoints UK distributor for HPNOTIQ
Heaven Hill Distilleries has signed a five-year UK distribution agreement for HPNOTIQ liqueur with marketing company charteredbrands.
Edinburgh-based charteredbrands said the HPNOTIQ deal fit its strategy of targeting the alcoholic drinks market as a sector for growth.
The marketing company is known in the UK for introducing pomegranate juice Pomegreat. In relation to this, a charteredbrands spokesperson told just drinks: "We have grown the brand beyond any bodies wildest expectations."
HPNOTIQ, America's fourth best selling liqueur, is a blend of premium vodka, natural tropical fruit juices and Cognac.
It had been launched and marketed in the UK by Allied Domecq since September 2004 until the acquisition of Allied by Pernod Ricard and Beam Global Spirits & Wine last year.
Glen Gribbon, brand realisation director for charteredbrands, said: "Building on the early success of Allied, we will be targeting the on-trade, but with more of a focus on clubs. We have agreed a significant six-figure programme of activity with Heaven Hill to support this next stage in the development of HPNOTIQ.
"We will appoint a brand ambassador, to be based in London. Additionally, we will be working with Windfall Drinks as a joint venture partner to provide sales support and, combined with our unique model for creating brand value, we believe this collaboration will offer impressive continued growth potential."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research