SINGAPORE: Healthy sales boost Asia Pacific Breweries' H1 profits
Asia Pacific Breweries is toasting a strong H1
Asia Pacific Breweries has posted a strong rise in profits on the back of a lift in sales for its latest half-year.
The company, a joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave in the Asia Pacific region, said yesterday (13 May) that group profit before interest, tax and exceptional items (PBIT) leapt by 45% year-on-year for the six months to the end of March, coming in at SGD250.2m (US$180.8m).
Group sales in the period were up by 17% on the corresponding period a year earlier at SGD 1.25bn.
“The demand for our beers remained strong in the second quarter although the growth rate has moderated as compared to the first quarter,” said Roland Pirmez, APB's CEO.
“For the six months under review, our largest PBIT contributor, IndoChina - comprising Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam - continued to be the group’s key driver of organic growth. The region, which accounted for 52% of APB’s total PBIT, recorded an impressive PBIT gain of 38% that grew on the back of a 30% volume increase.”
"Papua New Guinea and Singapore each contributed about 16% to group PBIT. The former enjoyed better margins from price increases while the latter benefited from improved export performance.”
Considering future outlook, APB said that it “continues to trade well amidst the highly competitive market conditions”.
Last month, APB upped its holding in Indonesian brewer Multi Bintang Indonesia.
For the full H1 announcement, click here.
For APB's Q1 results, click here.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China