AUSTRIA: Health minister proposes RTD tax
The Austrian health minister Maria Rauch-Kallat has proposed a tax on RTD (ready-to-drink) spirits brands, it was reported in the country's press yesterday.
She has apparently referred to a similar tax in Germany, which became law on Monday.
The German tax was introduced to try and prevent young people drinking the RTDs, which are also known as FABs and alcopops.
Starbucks Coffee Company has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee beverage in Japan and Taiwan, the first time it has marketed an RTD outside North America....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new RTD, into the on-trade this autumn....
The level of RTD (ready-to-drink) consumption in Germany has almost halved since the introduction of a special tax on the beverages....
Diageo said today that its volume growth and mix improvement had slowed in the second half of the year as a result of tougher trading in Europe and a slow down in the ready to drink segment in the US....
A three-year, ZAR150m (US$22m) expansion and refurbishment project has culminated in Durban-based NCP Alcohols becoming the biggest distillery in Africa....
Diageo has announced plans to target the over 40s in Germany, according to local reports....
The introduction of a special surcharge on alcopops in August 2004 has resulted in a dramatic decline in their sales, according to a report in the German weekly magazine, Der Spiegel....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review