CANADA: Health hazard alert - Recall of Mount Pelion brand bottled water
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning consumers not to consume or use Mount Pelion brand bottled water as this product may be contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Mount Pelion brand bottled water is sold in 18.9 litres, 11.4 litres, 4 litres, 1.5 litres and 500 ml sizes in Ontario. The company, Mount Pelion Water is voluntarily recalling these products from the marketplace.Bottled water contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria may not look or smell spoiled. Consumers should dispose of remaining product immediately. Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection may lead to gastrointestinal illness or other more serious consequences.There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this bottled water.The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions