CANADA: Health hazard alert - Recall of Mount Pelion brand bottled water
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning consumers not to consume or use Mount Pelion brand bottled water as this product may be contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Mount Pelion brand bottled water is sold in 18.9 litres, 11.4 litres, 4 litres, 1.5 litres and 500 ml sizes in Ontario. The company, Mount Pelion Water is voluntarily recalling these products from the marketplace.Bottled water contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria may not look or smell spoiled. Consumers should dispose of remaining product immediately. Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection may lead to gastrointestinal illness or other more serious consequences.There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this bottled water.The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down