CANADA: Health hazard alert - Recall of Mount Pelion brand bottled water
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning consumers not to consume or use Mount Pelion brand bottled water as this product may be contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Mount Pelion brand bottled water is sold in 18.9 litres, 11.4 litres, 4 litres, 1.5 litres and 500 ml sizes in Ontario. The company, Mount Pelion Water is voluntarily recalling these products from the marketplace.Bottled water contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria may not look or smell spoiled. Consumers should dispose of remaining product immediately. Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection may lead to gastrointestinal illness or other more serious consequences.There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this bottled water.The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends