CANADA: Health hazard alert - Recall of Mount Pelion brand bottled water
Mount Pelion brand bottled water is sold in 18.9 litres, 11.4 litres, 4 litres, 1.5 litres and 500 ml sizes in Ontario. The company, Mount Pelion Water is voluntarily recalling these products from the marketplace.
Bottled water contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria may not look or smell spoiled. Consumers should dispose of remaining product immediately. Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection may lead to gastrointestinal illness or other more serious consequences.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this bottled water.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends