UK: Health concerns driving soft-drink boom
Soft drinks continue to be one of the key growth drivers in the UK on- and off-trade, as new research released today shows that volume growth of soft drinks sales eclipsed gin growth by 2.4% to reach 14.6 billion litres in 2001. "Combined with a hot summer, high advertising spends and the continued success of functional drinks the UK recorded unprecedented sales in the soft drinks market over the review period 1997-2001," said Trudi Griggs, spokeswoman for Euromonitor who have published the findings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban