GERMANY: Hawesko upbeat on outlook
German wine supplier Hawesko has signalled its confidence for the rest of 2006 after posting a set of strong first-half figures.
Hawesko reported on Wednesday (26 July) a 53% leap in operating profit to EUR4.9m (US$6.2m) for the first six months of the year on the back of an 8% rise in sales to EUR132.9m.
The company's CEO, Alexander Margaritoff, said: "After the first half of the year our mood is very positive. The current market trends indicate that after a difficult phase lasting several years, consumers are once again ready to enjoy the finer things in life - such as good wine.
"During this time we have done our homework and pursued our strategy unwaveringly. Today we have a robust structure, so that we look forward to the second half of the year with optimism."
Hawesko is the leading supplier of fine wine and Champagne in Germany.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China