GERMANY: Hawesko adds Rioja to distribution stable
German wine and Champagne supplier Hawesko has been granted the local distribution rights to Spanish producer Marqués de Murrieta.
The deal with the Rioja-based producer will begin on 31 March, Hawesko said on friday (3 March). The agreement will also see Hawesko handle the distribution of wines from the Pazo de Barrantes vineyard, though not on an exclusive basis.
Hawesko CEO Alexander Margaritoff said the wines of Marqués de Murrieta had "all the outstanding virtues of the Rioja".
"We are pleased that our market position and our wine expertise persuaded Marqués de Murrieta and Pazo de Barrantes to create this exclusive partnership," he added.
Hawesko supplies wines and Champagne through specialist wine retail outlets, the wholesale channel and on mail order.
The group last year saw annual turnover reach EUR287m (US$345.2m).
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research