US: Haven Wine Cellars sold to Billington
US distributor Billington Imports today (15 August) announced the acquisition of the Havens Wine Cellars brand.
The sale, for an undisclosed amount, includes the Californian company's brand name and inventories, Haven said. The wine company was formed in 1984 by Michael Havens, who will continue in his role at Havens as winegrower.
"After 23 years making wine in the Napa Valley, I look forward to again focusing on the vineyard and cellar, and relying on Billington's proven sales team," he said.
Billington, based in Virginia, has subsequently created a new division - Billington Wine Studio - which will coordinate the production and marketing of its wines.
The Havens brand will join the existing portfolio which includes several brands from California. Billington Wine Studio will also market the joint ventures of Big Tattoo from Chile/Germany, Blind River from New Zealand, and the Chasseur wines from Hunter Wine Cellars from California.
"Over the last decade we have diversified our portfolio beyond South America," said Alex Bartholomaus, the head of Billington's. "The acquisition of Havens Wine Cellars gives us a solid foothold in California wine production, which complements our existing relationship with Hunter Wine Cellars."
International Wine Associates initiated the transaction and served as exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Havens Wine Cellars.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research