CUBA: Havana Club Añejo 7 Años gets global makeover
Havana Club International has unveiled a revamp of the packaging for its seven-year-old Havana Club rum variant.
The update includes higher visibility for the figure '7' on the bottle neck and a label that echoes the cigar bands found on Cuba's other well-known export. The cap and neck of the bottle also feature the signature of Havana Club's Primer Maestro Ronero, Don José Navarro.
"As part of our strategy to achieve sales of 5m cases by 2013, we are focusing heavily on the dark aged rum category," said Marc Beuve-Méry, managing director of Havana Club International. "To achieve this goal, we are investing heavily in the brand and specifically on our flagship product.
"We want to position Havana Club as one of the most premium, dynamic and contemporary spirits brands in the world and to achieve this, we need to ensure that the brand's packaging reflects that whilst remaining true to our remarkable history and heritage."
Earlier this year, Beuve-Méry told just-drinks that he was more optimistic of seeing an end to Cuba's row with the US, following last year's election of Barack Obama as president. The country's product have been the subject of a US embargo since the Cuban revolution of 1959.
Pernod Ricard's exposure to emerging markets, and particularly China, could have put the drinks giant on a shallower curve than some others in the sector in the economic downturn....
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Pernod Ricard has begun a European travel retail promotion for its Ballantine's 30 Year Old Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard shareholders have approved a cash dividend payment of EUR0.5 (US$0.74) per share for the French wine and spirit group's most recent fiscal year....
Innis & Gunn's Oak Aged Beer Gift Pack...
Pernod Ricard has said it expects like-for-like operating profits to grow by between 1% and 3% for its fiscal full-year....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Pernod Ricard has teamed up with designer Christian Lacroix to launch a limited edition Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Magnum....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)